Monday, May 25, 2009

Osprey Falls Hike

Today, I hiked Osprey Falls with Rebekah. There were bear tracks all around the trailhead! They made me a little nervous...

...so I was watching and listening for bears. We walked through a wooded patch and I heard something making a low noise. We stopped, and I was sure a grizzly was about to eat us when Rebekah found what was making the noise. It was a wierd bird that I have never seen before:
Finally, we started to get nearer to the river:

There is a lot of snow melting in the higher elevations and it rained this weekend so the river was really high. We could hear the roar of the falls from a good distance away. As we got nearer and nearer to the falls, there was a lot of mist. There was so much water coming over the falls and so much mist that we only got to glance at the water fall for a second, I snapped a picture, and then we turned around and slid back down the muddy, wet slope. We were drenched from head to toe from the mist.


You probably can't tell in this picture, but I am soaked!


It was a really beautiful and impressive waterfall. I wish we could have spent more time there without getting drenched. Round-trip, it was a 9.2 mile hike!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I am still blown away, every time I get on to this site I am amazed at the breathtaking things you are seeing and learning about. Your doing an amazing job keeping us updated on what your doing. Thanks. By the way you look SOOO skinny. I'm so impressed with your long hikes.

    ReplyDelete