Monday, August 17, 2009

Mt. Washburn

Rebekah and I did our last hike together for the 2009 summer. :( It was Mt. Washburn, a peak I have wanted to climb since I did the Yellowstone in a Day tour at the beginning of the season. It was a beautiful day although cool...
There is a fire lookout tower at the top.


The lone ranger....
I made it!!!! 3 miles up, 3 miles down!!



Below is a picture of the Grand Canyon of the Yellowstone (which looks tiny way up there) and Lake Yellowstone off in the distance. We could see off in the distance Grand Teton, 75 miles away!
These pictures and this blog DO NOT do the beauty justice. The view was amazing.
After we got back, I finished packing. Then a group of us went to The Raven in Gardiner for my farewell dinner. Below is a pic with Suzanne from Arkansas. She is one classy lady!

Me, Trish, Kim (roomie), Karen, Mary and Rebekah: Karen, Mary, Rebekah, Suzanne, Me, and Trish:


No comments:

Post a Comment