Monday, July 13, 2009

My new favorite spot...

Rebekah and I went camping this weekend at Bridge Bay campground near Yellowstone Lake. We set up our camp and then walked around the shore of the lake to the marina.
I found my new favorite spot in YNP. It is the front porch at Lake Lodge. They have a big porch with rocking chairs which make the perfect spot for us to put our feet up and read a good book with a beautiful view:


Then, we went to Lake Hotel for dinner. Afterwards, we sat in the sunroom to talk, read, and listen to the string quartet that plays there every night. It was so relaxing. We were also in the sunroom while a thunderstorm rolled through the area.

We headed back to the marina to take the 7:15 scenic cruise.


After the cruise, we went to the ranger program at the campground amphitheater. Then we built a campfire and made smores. I was a little chilly sleeping that night. I guess it might have been a low of 40. The next morning, on our way to breakfast we saw a bison roaming the campground. Glad he decided not to sit on my tent in the night.

After breakfast at Lake Lodge, we headed back to the marina and rented a rowboat. Both the rowboat and the scenic cruise was free for employees! We really enjoyed the rowboats. It was a beautiful morning and the lake was so peaceful. Rebekah rowed us out of the marina:

It was chilly when we started, but it didn't take long to warm up. Rowing is hard work!

We had the boat for about 2 1/2 hours. We didn't go very far, and I'm glad we didn't go any farther because my arms felt like spaghetti when we got back to the marina! We headed back to the front porch at Lake Lodge and read for about an hour and then headed back home. It was a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment